April 17, 2023
The National Association of Diversity Officers in Higher Education celebrates individuals and institutions for their exemplary achievements and contributions to lead higher education toward inclusive excellence. Each year nominations for the Inclusive Excellence Awards are submitted on behalf of higher education administrators, scholars and institutions who are leaders in the study of diversity by means of research, leadership and service.
NADOHE announced the 2023 Inclusive Excellence Award winners during its recent Annual Conference in Baltimore, Maryland. Winners include:
- Dr. Frank W. Hale, Jr., Distinguished Service Award: Dr. Nathan Connolly, Johns Hopkins University
- Higher Education Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Leadership Award: Dr. Dakesa Piña, Illinois State University
- Individual Leadership Award: Dr. Mary Lomax-Ghirarduzzi, University of the Pacific
- Rising Star Award: Dr. Carol E. Henderson, Emory University
- Institutional Excellence Award, Four-Year Institution: Loyola Marymount University
- Institutional Excellence Award, Professional School: Southern Illinois University
- Institutional Excellence Award, Two-Year Institution: Elgin Community College
- Outstanding Dissertation Award: Dr. Kristine Bowman, J.D., Michigan State University
- Corporate Excellence Award: Ernst & Young
- Community-Based Non-Profit Organization Award: The National Great Blacks in Wax Museum, Baltimore, Maryland
“On behalf of NADOHE, I am honored to present this year’s Inclusive Excellence Award winners,” NADOHE President Paulette Granberry Russell said. “This year’s winners have demonstrated an impressive commitment to transforming higher education so that all may thrive on our campuses — a commitment NADOHE shares. At a time when diversity, equity and inclusion is needed more than ever, it is vital that we lift up the excellence of our colleagues and celebrate their successes.”
The deadline to submit 2024 Inclusive Excellence Award nominations will be announced later this year. More information on the awards and previous winners is available at nadohe.org.
The National Association of Diversity Officers in Higher Education (NADOHE) is the preeminent voice for chief diversity officers. As the leader of the national conversation on diversity, equity, and inclusion, it investigates, influences, and innovates to transform higher education so that inclusive excellence lives at its core.